Based in Singapore, MELVIN TATTOO SG (SINGAPORE), He has been tattooing since 2004 and started travelling tattoo around the world since 2006. He has taken part in numbers of conventions, including those across Asia & Europe. True to his culture he specializes in tattoos such as Chinese Painting, Calligraphy and Oriental Abstract, but always open for new tattoo ideas for sure. His body is the canvas of his life – where experiences are hidden under the lines and shadings on his arms, legs, shoulders and backs. “Like everyone else, He was born naked and crying, waiting for his life to be painted freely on his skin”.
Tattoos are popular among many people from many different demographics, and there’s a wide range of tattoo designs to pick from. From school emblems to Celtic designs to Symbols, people have found many ways to express themselves with their tattoos. Maybe you’ve thought about getting one too, but before you head down & roll up your sleeve, you’ll have to know what to expect. To get your tattoo with me, you’ll need to choose the right design, work with me & take measures to prevent undue irritation and infection. With proper planning and care, getting your tattoo with me can be a very good experience. You may want to call me to make an appointment for a Free Consultation today.
1) Getting it done safely. Although it might look a whole lot cooler than a big scab, a new tattoo is also a wound. Like any other slice, scrape, puncture, cut, or penetration to your skin, a tattoo is at risk for infections and disease. Make sure you’re up to date with your immunizations (especially hepatitis and tetanus shots). If you have a medical problem such as heart disease, allergies, diabetes, skin disorders, a condition that affects your immune system, or infections, or if you are pregnant, ask your doctor if there are any special concerns you should have or precautions you should take beforehand. Also, if you’re prone getting keloids (an overgrowth of scar tissue in the area of the wound), it’s probably best to avoid getting a tattoo.
2) Design you want to get. Make sure it is something you feel comfortable showing off, and that you want to wear it for the rest of your life. Please note that I do not tattoo anyone who are below (18)Eighteen in age. I do not Tattoo Face & Fingers.
3) Tell me you want a tattoo. Tell me everything you know. What it is? (design), Where it’s going? (location), how big? (size), etc. Tattoo Is Forever. All tattoo done by me include a free session of Before-Tattoo-Consultation. Do feel free to consult me if you have any Doubts or any questions. Please be sure that all your questions are answered by me before getting your tattoo.
4) Ask how much it will cost; that way you can calculate your budget & get the money the day of the tattoo, or transfer it from account to account before you come for your tattoo appointment, Once you discuss the tattoo, you will usually be asked to leave a deposit of (S$250.00SGD) and make an appointment. The deposit goes to the total price of your tattoo, so don’t worry, leave your ideas with me so I can try to improve upon it, and make it unique, just for you. All tattoo artist require deposits before allowing you to schedule an appointment. If you can afford the tattoo, you can afford a deposit, as it typically comes off the price of your tattoo total price. As with all people, tattoo artist’s time is valuable. Deposit is a way to ensure they do not waste it. Even friends of tattoo artists should respect this. It nothing personal.
5) Be sure you have at least 6 hours of sleep before your tattoo day. Make sure you are not under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. Remember, this is forever inked into your skin.
No one can understand you better than yourself. If there’s anything or any little thing, about it that isn’t what you want, stop right there, and let me know. Whatever it is. I will not get upset or take it personally, after all, I am just trying to read your mind a little bit more, & If the artist does get defensive, angry, or belligerent about the changes you want, thank him or her & go elsewhere. You are the one who will wear this image for life, and if the artist isn’t willing to make it wonderful for you, he is not the artist for you. If he is not patient with the design, he will not be patient with your tattoo.
6) It’s very important to make sure the tattoo studio is clean and safe, and that all equipment used is disposable (in the case of needles, gloves, masks, etc.) and sterilised (everything else). Professional studios usually take pride in their cleanliness. Here are some things to check for: Make sure the tattoo studio has an autoclave (a device that uses steam, pressure, and heat for sterilisation). You may be allowed to watch as equipment is sterilised in the autoclave. Be sure that the tattoo studio follows the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s Universal Precautions. These are regulations that outline procedures to be followed when dealing with body fluids (in this case, blood).
7) Have a bit of knowledge of the overview. Here’s an example of what to expect, I will first wash my hands with a germicidal soap. The to-be-tattooed area on your body will be shaved, cleaned and disinfected. I will put on clean, fresh gloves (and possibly a surgical mask) I will explain the sterilisation procedure to you and open up the single-use, sterilised equipment (such as needles, etc.). Any blood will be removed by a sterile, disposable cloth or towel. When finished, the area, now sporting a finished tattoo, will be cleaned & DERMALIZEPRO Tattoo-After-Care Protective Firm will be applied.
8) Take care of your tattoo as instructed. Follow all of the instructions the studio gives you for caring for your tattoo to make sure it heals properly. To make sure your tattoo heals properly: Keep DERMALIZEPRO Tattoo-After-Care Protective Firm on the area for up to one or two hours. Avoid touching the tattooed area and don’t pick at any scabs that may form. Wash the tattoo with an antibacterial soap. Use a soft towel to dry the tattoo — just pat it dry and be sure not to rub it. Use Balm Tattoo Original, Vegan or Sunblock Formula, rub some into the tattoo. Try not to get the tattoo wet until it fully heals. Stay away from direct (Sunlight), (Swimming/Soaking), (Seafood) during your tattoo healing process. However, you may check with your artist on Balm Tattoo After Care Sunblock Formula with SPF 50+ to heal your tattoo if you are an outdoor person.
9) Even after it’s fully healed, a tattoo is more susceptible to the sun’s rays, so it’s a good idea to always keep it protected from direct sunlight. If you’re outside often or hang out at the beach, it’s recommended that you always wear a sunscreen with a minimum sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 on the tattoo.
10) All tattoo done by me entitle for a free touch up session. Remember to call me to make an After-Tattoo-Consultation Appointment with me after your tattoo is completely heal. Your new tattoo takes 7-10 days to heal usually. However, please call me immediately if your tattoo is not heal after 10 days. If you have any doubts or questions on your new tattoo, Do not listen to anyone, seek advice from me.